Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rather be shopping...

I've had a craving to go shopping lately... I mean really, a girl can only last so long! It's been months!

So last night I went to the Buffalo Exchange in Davis on the way home. Buffalo Exchange is alright... though I prefer Poor Little Rich Girl for secondhand, but BE is so convenient to my house that I find myself there more often than I expect. Anyways, last night after sorting through literally everything they had in my size, I found this cute top. It works great with my work outfit today, but will also be fabulous for real life with a pair of cute high-waisted shorts or jeans! See! Versatile!

I need to figure out a better system for taking photos of myself. This at-work-bathroom-cell phone-business is not working!
And now just a little rant... 
I know my rules allow me to shop for new things if they are made in the USA or made from sustainable fabrics, however I've just been avoiding it in general because not buying anything is really the best for the environment. But you know what? I do need to shop for new things! Shopping only secondhand or not shopping at all really isn't feasible. I've been looking at my wardrobe lately and thinking that a lot of my clothes are shabby and worn out. Like my mid-weight coat that I've been wearing the past few days for the warmer weather is missing buttons and has rips in the sleeves that really can't be fixed. I'm sort of embarrassed to wear it, but I don't have a better option. Which brings me to the conclusion that buying new clothes is OK. I can't look professional and put together if my dress is pilling and my shirt is full of holes.

So I am going to buy something new, heck maybe two new things! A few weekends ago I was at Anthropologie in Harvard Square drooling over their gorgeous clothes, wishing I could buy something, and cursing my rules. Then I started checking labels and found quite a few cute pieces which were made in the USA. I didn't have enough time to really look at anything that day, but I'm going to go back when I have more time and find something lovely, and not feel guilty about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment