My example was going to be the amazing Three Wolf Moon T-shirt!
I've wanted one for a while... I mean obviously because it is so awesome... and also because of the amazing reviews on amazon.com. Apparently it's pretty magical in a lot of different ways.
So I figured the Three Wolf Moon shirt, as much as I wanted it, had to be outside of my eco parameters. But then I discovered that the shirt is even more awesome than I previously thought! The company that makes it, The Mountain, claims to be "America's Greenest T-Shirt Company"! They have a whole page on their green efforts:
- They create, develop, dye, and print the shirts in Marlborough, NH and ship from Keene, NH. So by not shipping from overseas they reduce their carbon footprint.
- More than 80% of the T-shirt cotton is grown in the USA.
- They use waterbased vs. petroleum based inks.
- Shirts are pre-shrunk cotton, so the shirt size and print should last long.
- Have Oeko-Tex 100 Certification (chemical free).
... and I can't wait for my magical powers!